Jobs at Goldsmiths
Lecturer in Social Work
Goldsmiths, University of London is a world-leading centre of educational excellence where ground-breaking research meets innovative teaching and thinking. We're looking for inspiring and talented people to help build on our global reputation while also growing personally in a true learning organisation.
We are happy to supply information in alternative formats for disabled applicants. Please contact email@example.com to make your request.
Department of Social, Therapeutic and Community Studies (STaCS)
Goldsmiths supports collaborations across all its departments and disciplines. In STaCS this means increasing co-operation in research, learning and teaching in the disciplines social work and the allied professional areas of therapies and community and youth work. These draw variously on disciplines including sociology, social policy, anthropology, politics and psychology. Research and knowledge paradigms are used creatively across and between areas to provide dynamic, social and racial justice-oriented research, including the internationally leading area of contemporary religion and belief in the public sphere.
You will be joining us at an exciting time when together with the Royal Borough of Greenwich, the London Borough of Southwark and the London Borough of Lewisham Goldsmith is forging new and innovative approaches to social work education and training as founder members of the South-East Teaching Partnership (SELTP); one of only four national Social Work Teaching Partnership early adopter sites launched in 2015. We continue Goldsmiths’ proud tradition of social work, working to think and rethink the challenges of a complex world and environment.
- Teaching and Learning: Teach modules as required for the BA Social Work, MA Social Work and PG Diploma in Social Work (Step Up)
- Provide students with tutorial support for their academic learning, fieldwork and individual support needs
- Assess student work and participate fully in the assessments process
- Develop and maintain teaching and learning materials for students on the programme
- Contribute to the development of appropriate technology for the delivery of the programme
- Seek ways of improving performance and student experience by reflecting on own teaching and reflecting on student feedback
- Supervise appropriate PhD student research
- Enable university learning and employment-based learning to be linked in a way that makes sense for students on the qualifying and post qualifying programmes and builds on their knowledge, confidence and skills in providing responsive, compassionate, evidence informed practice.
- This is a research active post and you will be expected to conduct research to an internationally excellent standard that is suitable for submission to REF, or equivalent. This normally means a minimum of four peer reviewed publications of international significance in any REF period.
Please see full job description and person specification attached as a document.