Jobs at Goldsmiths
Resident Experience Coordinator
Goldsmiths, University of London is a world-leading centre of educational excellence where ground-breaking research meets innovative teaching and thinking. We're looking for inspiring and talented people to help build on our global reputation while also growing personally in a true learning organisation.
The Resident Experience Coordinator (REC) role works in collaboration with the Campus Life team to promote a harmonious communal living environment. The REC will organise and deliver a dynamic programme of events designed to engage and support students within halls. These activities will be developed based on student feedback as an ongoing process throughout the year. The RECs will work closely with a number of internal and external stakeholders to support integral events as part of the students’ journey.
We are looking for 3 appointments for this role to cover;
- Work as a team to organise & deliver regular events tailored to meet the needs of the student resident population
- Provide post-event summaries and feedback from students
- Support team members’ events as needed
- Host a weekly activity or drop-in within your specific halls of residence (i.e. free breakfast, art sessions, sport, etc.)
- Attend weekly meetings with the team
- Share responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Accommodation social media channels on Facebook and Instagram as well as the website
Student Feedback and Engagement
- Create opportunities for residents to provide qualitative feedback
- Host termly focus group/feedback sessions
- Respond to student enquiries across various platforms
- Assist Accommodation Services with a number of activities that take place throughout the year: Open/Applicant days, Welcome Week, etc.
- Required to be available during resident departure dates (late Jun/early July)
- Opportunity to work on projects related to student experience within residences or other departments
- Ensure that you are aware of and aligned with Goldsmiths’ regulations, strategies and objectives to work together to proactively advance Equality and Diversity
- Maintain a safe working environment by participating in training as necessary and following Goldsmiths’ Health and Safety Codes of Practice and Policy
- Due to the nature of the role, face-to-face presence during the hours of the work will be required
- Being willing and able to travel across various halls of residence, as well as across London to support events and activities, including during the evenings and during weekends
Further details can be found on the job description and Specification or contact V.LeBreton@gold.ac.uk for more information.