Jobs at Goldsmiths
Research Assistant - Theatre and Performance
Goldsmiths is a world-renowned university that has a reputation for rigorous and innovative academic work; creativity has long been our hallmark. Academic excellence and imaginative course content combine to make a place where creative minds can thrive.
The Department of Theatre and Performance has a reputation for excellence in teaching and research, with strengths in contemporary theatre, European theatre history, World theatre, Sociology of the theatre, Postcolonial theatre, Intercultural theatre, Dramatic Literature, and Practice as Research. The Department is also affiliated with the newly-founded Decadence Research Centre at Goldsmiths.
The candidate will join the research team for the AHRC Fellowship “Staging decadence: Decadent theatre in the long twentieth century”. Knowledge of decadence in art and literature is desirable, but not essential. The candidate will be working closely with the Fellow in curating short films for online dissemination, producing live performance programmes and organising symposia (if feasible), contributing to and maintaining a blog, organising key events, and evaluating activities. Work will be carried out online while social distancing measures are in place; however, we hope to host face-to-face meetings in the new year once it is safe to do so. As far as possible we will build the candidate’s time on the project around their existing professional and/or care work.
The successful candidate will be well-connected as a maker or producer of theatre or live art, and will have experience of writing for publication (blogs, journalistic pieces or in academic journals), project coordination and evaluation. The AHRC requires that the successful candidate be of postdoctoral standing.
- Assisting in the planning, administration and running of key events. If social distancing measures allow, this will include symposia, live performance programmes, and club nights;
- Developing the curation of performance programmes and short films;
- Expanding the project’s network of key stakeholders;
- Undertaking and advising upon project evaluation, including questionnaires and interviews;
- Contributing to and monitoring the project blog;
- Maintaining the project website, with relevant guidance and support;
- Promoting activities on social media;
- Proactively contributing to project development;
- Participating in and actively contributing to board meetings;
- Undertaking any other duties as may reasonably be required;
- Aligning with Goldsmiths’ Regulations, Strategy, and Objectives to work together to proactively advance Equality and Diversity
- At all times maintaining a safe working environment by participating in training as necessary and following the Goldsmiths’ Health and Safety Codes of Practice and Policy.