Jobs at Goldsmiths
Business Systems Support Developer (Student Systems)
The Information Technology and Information Services (IT&IS) department are currently seeking a Business Systems Support Developer. As part of an ever changing innovative enterprise environment, the role is based in the Business Systems Team and you will be key in providing 2nd and 3rd line support across a range of student facing applications as well as being involved in software development and projects.
As Business Systems Support Developer, you will provide specialist support within the Business Systems team, developing and maintaining supported services and applications within an ITIL environment and ensuring the Business Systems Strategic Plan is adhered to.
You will also liaise with other technical teams within IT & Information Services and external suppliers where required. You will perform requirement analysis for change initiatives, contribute to relevant project work and ensure release processes and procedures are maintained, enabling smooth transition into operations.
You will get the opportunity to support a wide range of enterprise and student facing applications and related technologies so you should be passionate about technology with the drive to develop your expertise within an enterprise environment.
- Extensive C# and Visual Basic development experience
- Strong background in supporting and improving functionality of enterprise applications within a large environment as well as performing routine database and infrastructure checks
- Detailed knowledge and experience of systems development and problem solving with enterprise level solutions
- Ability to create clear defined technical documentation, for example creating a detailed functional specification and solution design documentation.
- Evaluation, development, implementation and maintenance of Student systems
- Development, customisation and implementation of applications to agreed service standards and procedures.
- Support and maintenance of Student systems according to published service standards.
- Ensure documentation is created for Student systems according to agreed development procedures and standards.
- Provide business application support for implemented Student systems.
- Liaison with customers where necessary on aspects of system design, testing and implementation.
- Ensuring all systems development/implementation activities adhere to published service standards for IT&IS
- Acting as a point of contact for the IT Service Desk when it refers specific queries.
- You will be a self-motivated, pro-active, dynamic, able to engage, challenge and influence others
- A track record of developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships across IT and the wider organisation
- High level, proven inter-personal communication skills are essential