Jobs at Goldsmiths
Application Delivery Manager (Agresso/Business World)
Goldsmiths University is currently seeking an experienced Application Delivery Manger to take on a fantastic new role to help support and develop the Business Systems Team, based in the IT&IS department. The team primarily maintains and develops the Agresso/Business World product within the organisation.
The Business Systems Team is part of Service Operations and Delivery team which is the beating heart of the organisation and provides software application support and technical services to the various departments throughout the University. Using ITIL principles you will help ensure that the IT&IS Operating Model is adhered to. This includes Change Management, Service Delivery, Problem Management and much more.
You will be responsible for the development and support of the Agresso/Business World product. This is achieved by providing leadership and support, to enable the delivery of application development initiatives for both staff and students are in alignment with the University’s Business Systems Strategic Plan. This will be achieved by leading the application development process from the gathering of requirements, through to the development of technical specifications to the deployment and final support of the completed solution.
The interview process will be in 2 parts. The first part will be a technical discussion about your experience on the Agresso/Business World product including the Management console. The second part will be a formal interview addressing the essential criteria from the application form.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Agresso/Business World and Management Console
- Extensive SQL experience
- Strong background in supporting and improving functionality of Agresso/Business World within a large environment
- Strong background knowledge in supporting and understanding the infrastructure of the Agresso/Business World product
- Detailed knowledge and experience of systems development and problem solving within the Agresso/Business World product
- Ability to create clear defined technical documentation, for example creating a detailed functional specification and solution design documentation.
- Manage and Lead the Business Systems Team in development and supporting the application.
- Ensure agreed service standards and procedures are followed
- Ensure documentation is created for the application to agreed development procedures and standards.
- Provide excellent business application support by liaising with customers where necessary on aspects of system requirements, design, testing and implementation.
- Ensuring all systems development/implementation activities adhere to published service standards for IT&IS
- Acting as a point of contact for the IT Service Desk when it refers specific queries.
- You will be a self-motivated, pro-active, dynamic, able to engage, challenge and influence others
- A track record of developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships across IT and the wider organisation
- High level, proven inter-personal communication skills are essential