Jobs at Goldsmiths
Jobs at Goldsmiths
Accessibility Project Manager
Teaching and Learning Innovation Centre
£48250 - £53813
Goldsmiths is committed to making our education disability inclusive to all students. As part of this commitment we are initiating a one year project to review and improve the accessibility of our teaching, software, information and processes with an aim of both meeting and exceeding our statutory obligations.
This role will be responsible for leading this project and working with stakeholders from across the University to improve accessibility with a particular focus on three areas: ensuring our systems (particularly the VLE) are fully accessible, enhancing our staff training about accessibility and reviewing our policies and processes relating to accessibility.
- Plan and manage the Accessibility project, building on existing work in this area and working with stakeholders across Goldsmiths to ensure successful delivery.
- Work with the Technology Enhanced Learning and Information Technology and Information Systems teams to review and enhance the accessibility of our VLE and other systems.
- Work with academic and professional service departments to review and updated their teaching and student facing materials to be accessible.
- Lead, in collaboration with the Teaching and Learning Innovation Centre and the People and Organisational Development teams, the development of a new suite of accessibility training for staff.
- Work with senior stakeholders from across Goldsmiths to update the policies and processes relating to accessibility, including audit process and support for students with disabilities.
- Reporting and communicating compliance activities and levels, including updates to senior level colleagues and committees
- You will be required to undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required
- Ensure that you are aware of and aligned with Goldsmiths’ Regulations, Strategy, and Objectives to work together to proactively advance Equality and Diversity
- At all times to help maintain a safe working environment by participating in training as necessary and following the Goldsmiths’ Health and Safety Codes of Practice and Policy